All pieces must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “The Lab Review Submission” as the subject line. A cover letter and author bio (50-100 words) are REQUIRED. Please attach all documents separately. If you don’t know how to write a cover letter or bio, you can learn how by clicking here and here. Or you can stop by the Publishing Lab in 33 East Congress Parkway, Room 317A.
- Title your documents as such: Genre of Piece_Title of Piece_First Initial, Last Name
- Prose must be no more than 3,000 words as either a .doc or .docx file, formatted in William Shunn format.
- Poets, Artists, and Photographers can submit up to 3 pieces per reading period.
- Scripts (Film and Theatre) and comics/graphic novels must be no more than 10 pages.
- Video and audio submissions must be formatted as either an .mp3, .mp4, .wav, or Quicktime file (up to 5 minutes).
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but should be withdrawn if your work is accepted elsewhere.